Havana, March 27 (RHC) Esteban Lazo, member of the Politburo of the Central Committee of the Cuban Communist Party and President of the National Assembly of the People’s Power, the Cuban Parliament, expressed, on Wednesday, the island’s interest in increasing economic bonds with Vietnam.
During the meeting held in this capital with Nguyen Tan Dung, Prime Minister of Vietnam, who is on an official visit to Cuba, Lazo confirmed the importance of consolidating the economic and commercial agenda shared by the two countries.
He described this visit as of great significance, taking place at a special moment of relations between the two peoples, both carrying out reforms and changes to improve their living conditions. Lazo expressed his interest in developing a program to exchange experiences with the Parliament of Vietnam.
Nguyen Tan Dung said he admires the achievements of the Cuban Revolution and people, especially in areas like health, culture, education, science and technology.
As part of his visit, the Prime Minister will hold official talks on Thursday with Army General Raul Castro, President of the councils of State and Ministers, when he will be presented with the Jose Marti Order, the highest decoration conferred by Cuba.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2471
- today: 2182
- online: 137
- total: 5939476