Havana, April 4 (RHC)-- Cuba is set to celebrate World Health Day on April 7th, with activities showcasing the island's achievements in this area. Health-related activities will be held across the country through April 30, with the participation of specialists from various branches of the island's public health care system.
José Luis Di Fabio, representative of the Pan American Health Organization and World Health Organization in Cuba, confirmed that the main theme of this year's celebration is Universal Health Care.
Activities will focus on improving individual and community living conditions and well-being, with a focus on ilnesses such as obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Evelyn Martínez Cruz, head of the Ministry of Public Health's International Relations department, highlighted the importance of World Health Day in Cuba, to display the island's historic achievements in the sector and recognize the work of medical professionals and will of the Cuban government to provide universal quality health care for Cubans and other peoples around the world.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 1050
- online: 91
- total: 6062128