Maria Zakharova, the spokeswoman of the Russian Foreign Ministry . File
Havana, May 11 (RHC)—The renewal of US aggressive policy towards Cuba, have prompted countries around the world to raise their voices in condemnation of the decision to economically asphyxiate the island.
Messages from Russia and China have deplored the resurgence of hostility, as a result of the implementation of Title III of the Helms-Burton Act.
Maria Zakharova, the spokeswoman of the Russian Foreign Ministry reiterated that her government is against unilateral sanctions and that such restrictions can only be legitimate if they are endorsed by the UN.
China has expressed its opposition to the extraterritorial measures by emphasizing that they constitute an obstacle to the socioeconomic development and well-being of the Caribbean country.
From his Twitter account, Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canelrejected Washington's meddling on the island’s affairs and he has made it clear that measures aimed at halting the development of the country will not intimidate anybody.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2471
- today: 2808
- online: 116
- total: 5940102