US Senator Patrick Leah
Havana, June 6 (RHC)—U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy, a Democrat from Vermont, will propose new legislation in response to the Trump Administration´s ban on certain licenses of travel to the island.
The “Freedom for Americans to Travel to Cuba Act”, is the name of the bill.
In comments on the travel restrictions that are prompting his proposal, Senator Leahy described the restrictions as a dumb policy and an embarrassment, that is going to hurt a lot of Americans, and a lot of people in Cuba.
“This Administration has reinstituted the Cold War restrictions on the right of every American citizen to travel to Cuba, even though an overwhelming majority of Americans oppose such restrictions,” the senator added.
Meanwhile, the Cruise Line International Association (CLIA), said in a statement on Wednesday that without warning, cruise line members were forced to eliminate all Cuban destinations from all itineraries effective immediately, affecting nearly 800,000 passenger bookings that were scheduled or already underway.
- Debates at ALBA Summit focus on regional situation
- RHC's national and international news stories Dec. 14
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 766
- online: 137
- total: 6778407