Havana, June 12 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel, together with a delegation of the Council of Ministers, arrived Wednesday in the eastern province of Camaguey to conduct a governmental visit to assess the progress of that territory’s socioeconomic plans.
During his tours of the island’s provinces, the Cuban head of state is especially focusing on priority tasks for the people like housing construction, food production and the availability of construction materials.
He is also encouraging the establishment of production links of the tourism industry with other sectors, and the promotion of local sustainable development.
Since Diaz-Canel took office in April last year, he has stressed that the strategy to follow is to work tirelessly using existing alternatives, in the quest of greater wellbeing for the people.
The first visit by Diaz-Canel to Camaguey province took place in October last year. At the time, he urged local producers and businesses to me more efficient, and encouraged them to find new products for exports, as an additional source of resources for the financing of social and economic development programs.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 2524
- online: 209
- total: 6653589