Santiago de Cuba, June 12 (RHC) The representative of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Investment in Santiago de Cuba says the celebration of the 16th ExpoCaribe International Trade Fair is particularly important in the context of the stepped up US hostility towards the island.
María Luisa Bueno said that the participation of entrepreneurs from 22 countries and the presence of national exporters and importers at the event demonstrate the interest and confidence generated by the Cuban market in the international arena, in spite of recent developments like the implementation of Title III of the Helms Burton Act.
Expo Caribe trade fair is returning to Santiago de Cuba, after a hiatus of 11 years. It will coincide with the 25th anniversary of the Association of Caribbean States. It will be held at the the Heredia Theater exhibit grounds from June 19 to 22.
An advantage for the progress of trade among Caribbean states with Cuba is the brand new multipurpose terminal at the Guillermon Moncada in the eastern city of Santiago that will be instrumental for the boosting of maritime trade in the Caribbean area.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 2395
- online: 191
- total: 6653460