Guyana's Foreign Minister, Karen Cummings. (PL photo)
Georgetown, June 15 (RHC)-- Guyana's Foreign Minister, Karen Cummings, highlighted on Friday the role of Cuba in the development of the Caribbean region.
During the 6th Meeting of the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Caribbean Community CARICOM and Cuba, Cummings commended the island´s instrumental role in the improvement of regional indicators, particularly in human resources, essential for economic progress.
She also mentioned the scholarships offered by Cuba in the scientific and medical fields to students from sister nations of the Caribbean as a contribution to the creation of inclusive societies.
"For almost 50 years, Cuba and CARICOM have shared a close bond that has been strengthened year after year and has led to collaboration and cooperation at various levels," said the Guyanese foreign minister.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 23 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 23, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 22, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 22 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 21 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 20 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6118
- today: 2219
- online: 193
- total: 8015593