Havana, Oct 14, (RHC), – The Vice-President of the Council of State and the Council of Ministers of Cuba, Jose Ramon Machado Ventura, and lieutenant general Leopoldo Cintras Frias, the Cuban Minister of Revolutionary Armed Forces, paid tribute to late Vietnamese Independence War Hero, General Vo Nguyen Giap, during a remembrance ceremony held in Havana.
At an October 11-12 ceremony in Havana, Cuba, embassy staff, representatives from Vietnamese agencies, overseas Vietnamese and foreign guests offered incense in honour of General Giap who devoted his whole life to national independence and freedom.
Representatives from the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces (FAR), the Cuba-Vietnam Friendship Association, diplomatic corps and hundreds of soldiers, armed forces, and local people also paid their last respects to the revered Vietnamese General.
The Vietnamese Embassies in Angola, Germany, the UK, Egypt and Russia also held ceremonies in remembrance of General Vo Nguyen Giap who passed away on October 4, aged 102.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 4043
- online: 203
- total: 4099998