Havana, July 6 (RHC)-- The official ceremony for the handing over of the flag to the delegation that will represent Cuba in the upcoming 28th Pan American Games scheduled for Lima, Peru, took place this Saturday morning at the Jose Martí Revolution Square.
A substantial part of the athletic embassy was present in the iconic Havana site, where authorities of the nation and the Sports Institute handed over the national flag to be defended on Peruvian soil.
The three times Olympic champion and five times world champion, wrestler Mijaín López, received the banner escorted by the pole vaulter Yarisley Silva and badminton player, Osleni Guerrero.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 1568
- online: 443
- total: 6647609