Havana, July 24 (RHC)-- Cuba’s top leaders, the first secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party, Raúl Castro, and President Miguel Diaz-Canel, held meetings on Wednesday with visiting minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia, Sergey Lavrov.
During the encounters, the parties showed their satisfaction with the current status of bilateral relations and expressed their willingness to continue strengthening them.
While in Cuba on an official visit, Lavrov met his counterpart, Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla, and attended the reopening ceremony of the Statue of the Republic at the National Capitol. Speaking at the ceremony, the head of the Russian diplomacy reiterated that Cuba is a strategic partner for Moscow and highlighted the satisfactory result of the restoration of the Statue carried out by a team of Russian and Cuban specialists.
Lavrov's official visit to Cuba is part of a Latin American tour that includes Brazil and Suriname.
- Victor Gaute-Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10109
- today: 2956
- online: 148
- total: 7086049