Havana, July 24 (RHC)-- Cuba’s top leaders, the first secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party, Raúl Castro, and President Miguel Diaz-Canel, held meetings on Wednesday with visiting minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia, Sergey Lavrov.
During the encounters, the parties showed their satisfaction with the current status of bilateral relations and expressed their willingness to continue strengthening them.
While in Cuba on an official visit, Lavrov met his counterpart, Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla, and attended the reopening ceremony of the Statue of the Republic at the National Capitol. Speaking at the ceremony, the head of the Russian diplomacy reiterated that Cuba is a strategic partner for Moscow and highlighted the satisfactory result of the restoration of the Statue carried out by a team of Russian and Cuban specialists.
Lavrov's official visit to Cuba is part of a Latin American tour that includes Brazil and Suriname.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4501
- today: 783
- online: 136
- total: 6628175