Havana, August 12 (RHC)— Cuba’s Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz, says the island will mark this week the arrival of 3 million foreign tourists, despite the hostile measures adopted by the United State that have impacted the sector.
In making the announcement on Twitter, the minister said that the Summer season is going well, reporting a 15% growth of domestic tourism in hotels and other tourism resorts island-wide.
Marrero added that Cuba expects to close the year with 4.3 million international tourists of the 5 million that were originally expected. The reduction is a direct result of the new measures adopted by the Trump Administration against the island.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 23
- Notes on the Revolution Column / 9
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Rosa Meneses Albizu-Campos: Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Import tax war is escalating!
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez: expulsion of Cuban diplomats from UN further severs diplomatic ties
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3525
- today: 2936
- online: 140
- total: 6397762