Díaz-Canel systematically checks the process of computerization of society (Photo: Archive)
Havana, August 17 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel had words of praise for the process of the computerization program underway throughout the island. The Cuban leader also highlighted the creation of new video games for the benefit of society.
The president wrote on the social network Twitter:
Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez @DiazCanelB
Advance computerization program in #Cuba. New Cuban video games to learn and have fun. #SomosCuba #SomosContinuidad
The Cuban State gives special importance to the process of computerization of society and to the development of information and communications technologies in the country.
“Its technological and infrastructure base is precisely the development of telecommunications on the island,” said Cuban Communications Minister Jorge Luis Perdomo recently in the Dominio Cuba TV program. He emphasized that this policy is a priority for the government because of the direct influence on the economy, among other aspects.
"However, the U.S. blockade against Cuba and its resurgence following the activation of Title III of the Helms-Burton Law has had a negative impact on the development of that sector."
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5523
- today: 3095
- online: 215
- total: 6644453