Havana, Oct 14 (RHC) Jorge Jimenez, the chief of the Cuban medical contingent in Quito, said that Ecuador and Cuba will sign new cooperation agreements to strengthen the integral health system being promoted by the Ecuadorian government.
The Cuban doctor told PL news agency that the Ecuadorian Health Ministry is interested in hiring the services of 15 Cuban epidemiologists and 69 physical therapists. Ecuador’s Social Security Ministry has also asked for the support of another 43 primary health specialists, electro-medicine and pharmaceutical service advisors.
The doctors will help put in practice the Family Doctor system in that country. Since bilateral collaboration between Havana and Quito also
includes the training in Cuban hospitals of Ecuadorian doctors in different medical specialties, dozens of Ecuadorian students are currently pursuing medical courses in Cuba.
Cuban medical collaboration with Ecuador began in 2006 with the implementation of the “Operation Miracle” free-eye-surgery program in the cities of Latacunga, Ballenita and Machala. To date 41 Cuban doctors have performed over 140 thousand operations on cataracts and associated eye problems in Ecuador.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 1029
- online: 183
- total: 4079510