Lisbon, April 11 (RHC), -- Portugal General Workers’ Confederation, the largest union organization in the country, urged US President Barack Obama to release the three antiterrorist Cubans who are still serving prison sentences in the United States.
In a letter sent to the US embassy in Portugal, the confederation asked Obama to resort to his presidential powers, established in article 2 of the US Constitution, to free Gerardo Hernandez, Ramon Labañino and Antonio Guerrero, who along Fernando Gonzalez and Rene Gonzalez were arrested and given unfair prison sentences, although no evidence was presented against accusations that they were conspiring to commit espionage against the United States.
The five Cubans were actually monitoring Florida-based ultra-right organizations that have planned terrorist actions against Cuba.
Fernando and Rene Gonzalez are already in Cuba after they served their full sentences, but another three are still in jail, the letter points out.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 29 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 28 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6447
- today: 5593
- online: 285
- total: 8045580