Havana, Oct 14 (RHC) In statements to PL news agency, US historian and analyst James Cockroft said the fact that four of five Cuban antiterrorist fighters are still imprisoned, after 15 years of their arrest in 1998, is shameful for the US legal system.
Cockroft declared “15 years in prison is enough,” demanding the unconditional release of Gerardo Hernandez, Ramon Labanino, Antonio
Guerrero and Fernando Gonzalez.
The Cuban anti-terrorists will not be released through any legal process. They are political prisoners. Only US public opinion and international solidarity will achieve their return home, said the analyst.
Cockroft, said that US President Barack Obama can use of his constitutional powers. Based on humanitarian reasons he can free the Cubans unilaterally.
The analyst, who has written 48 works on Latin American and US issues, pointed to the international movement of solidarity with the Cuban anti-terrorists that is spreading the truth of the case.
Cockroft, originally from Montreal, stressed that the global movement receives the support of many social activists because the Cuban Five, representing the values of justice, peace and solidarity, symbolize the struggles waged by all oppressed people on the planet.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 3078
- online: 137
- total: 4480667