Havana, November 8 (RHC)-- After five days of presentations, exhibitions, forums and business meetings, the 37th edition of the International Trade Fair of Havana (FIHAV 2019) is coming to an end Friday.
The presentation of the national commercial directory 2019-2021 and the award ceremony are the day´s main attractions.
During the Fair, the 4th Business Forum met to promote bilateral meetings between Cuban business people and potential foreign investors, and the new portfolio of international investment opportunities of the country was launched.
Commenting on foreign investment on the island, Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca, said that from October 2018 to the same month of 2019 in Cuba, 25 businesses worth some 1.7 billion dollars were approved.
For her part, the director-general of the Mariel Special Development Zone, Ana Teresa Igarza, stressed that the industrial park is consolidated as a pole for national development.
In this sense, she revealed that fifty firms from 32 countries are already installed there with a total investment volume valued at 2.3 billion dollars.
Cuba inaugurated at the fair an exhibition of national exportable funds as part of the island's strategy to boost the economy and presented the one-stop foreign trade window, which will computerize and simplify the procedures related to imports and exports of the Caribbean island.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 1873
- online: 129
- total: 6667869