Havana, November 9 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz Canel Bermúdez denounced on Twitter the efforts by the opposition to stage a coup d'état in Bolivia against the legitimate president, Evo Morales Ayma.
"Brother President, the Cuban people are by your side against violence and the coup d'état. We strongly denounce the coup attempt," wrote Diaz-Canel on Twitter.
On Saturday, in a press conference from the city of El Alto, President Evo Morales called on patriots, social activists, and public servants to mobilize to defend democracy, and the Bolivian people’s vote of October 2o.
Morales announced to the Bolivian people and to the entire world that a coup d'état is underway against a democratically elected government and added that the actions are also against social movements, workers, humble people, who have built a democratic and cultural revolution together.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4748
- today: 3190
- online: 262
- total: 6769008