Havana, April 22 (RHC) – At least five people died and 42 were injured in a traffic accident on Monday in eastern Cuba, where a truck full of passengers turned over, local media said.
The accident occurred in the early hours of Monday in the town of Camazan in Holguin province, some 700 kilometers east of Havana. The reasons for the accident are still being investigated.
According to authorities, the accident occurred when a dairy truck had a slight contact with the passenger vehicle on the road between the cities of Moa and Holguin, before the latter overturned as its driver lost control.
The fatalities were five adults - two men and three women - and among the 42 injured were 11 children.
This is the second big accident in recent weeks in Cuba, where earlier this month 41 people were injured, one of whom later died, in a bus crash on a highway through the Soroa tourism area, in the western province of Pinar del Rio.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 3707
- online: 121
- total: 4473454