Havana, March 4 (RHC)--Higher education authorities announced that every student who completes the 12th grade would have guaranteed access to university.
According to the Round Table TV and Radio program, 91,000 slots will be available, and the most benefitted areas are technical, health, pedagogical and agricultural; while the biggest increase is in the level of Short Cycle Higher Education, in which 10,736 places will be granted.
Reynaldo Vázquez Zaldívar, director-general of Undergraduate Studies at the Ministry of Higher Education (MES), reported on the recent approval of decree 364, which establishes the responsibility of agencies for the management and development of the qualified workforce, and decree 202, which regulates the relationship with higher-level students.
René Sánchez Díaz, Director of Admission and Placement of the MES, said that the process of admission to higher education for 2020 maintains its basic characteristics and incorporates some actions aimed at increasing access to universities, expanding options to reward students with better results and stimulating the coverage of careers in greatest demand by society.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6682
- today: 1213
- online: 432
- total: 8034753