Havana, Oct 15 (RHC) Cuban historians, lawyers and writers gathered Tuesday in Santiago de Cuba to remenisce on the defense statement given by Fidel Castro 60 years ago, after the attack on the Moncada Garrison.
Participants at the forum have presented different papers on Fidel's statement from the perspective of legal sciences and based on by the legacy of National Hero Jose Marti, who was considered the inspiration behind the 1953 attack on the Batista army garrison.
The forum was sponsored by the Cuban Jurists' Association, the National Organization of Legal Aid Offices and supported by local branches in Santiago of the Cuban Writers and Artists' Association and the National Organization of Historians.
In the trial held against Fidel Castro in 1953, in Santiago de Cuba, Fidel made the historic statements denouncing the murders of those who attacked the garrison and the terror and poverty facing the Cuban people in those days.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 1275
- online: 119
- total: 4839719