Havana, Oct 15 (RHC) Cuba's 2013-2014 sugar cane campaign will start November 20 with the first harvesting and processing activities taking place in the western province of Mayabeque. There the workers at the Manuel Fajardo sugar plant expect to make their plant the most productive over the next 10 years.
Following the start in western Cuba, other sugar plants will kick off grinding the sugar cane in Matanzas province during an industrial process that includes 49 sugar mills in all, some of which will start operations in December and others in early 2014.
According to Azucuba Sugar Entrepreneurial Organization,
Cuban sugar workers are looking forwards to maintaining their industry's growth over the past three years. The sector reported 7, 16 and 8 percent growth compared to previous years. The industrial processes also increased its output of alcohol, animal feed and electricity,
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 3591
- online: 136
- total: 4481180