Havana, May 5 (RHC) – The family context as a vulnerable space for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans-gender) persons is again on the spotlight of the 7th Cuban campaign against Homophobia, underway on the island until May 24th.
As part of the campaign, Cuba will host for the first time the Regional Conference of the International Association of LGBT persons for Latin America at the Plaza America Conventions Center in Varadero Beach, Matanzas province.
The important meeting has been organized by the Cuban Sexual Education Center (CENESEX). The campaign includes educative, cultural, sports and community activities in Havana and in eastern Granma province, which is the main venue this year, according to Trabajadores newspaper.
Delegates from Latin America and the Caribbean will join the campaign on a parade along 23rd street in Havana and will hold a Gala for Diversity at the Karl Marx Theater on Saturday, May 10th, the final day of the event, which will conclude with a sports activities.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 1895
- online: 108
- total: 5147930