With the aim of fine-tuning plans to mitigate the impact of natural phenomena and other disasters, Cubans are involved in the nationwide exercise Meteoro 2014.
The exercise includes the revision and planning of actions by defense councils at all levels to face natural phenomena of different kinds, the preparation of rescue teams and the participation of the people in the event of a disaster.
The two-day exercise also considers risk-reduction actions and the lessons learned during the ravaging passage of hurricane Sandy on eastern Santiago de Cuba province in 2012.
Communities will work in sanitation activities, the fight on disease vectors, the cleaning of sewage systems and other local tasks related to the exercise, which aims at reducing vulnerabilities in the face of natural phenomena.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 2068
- online: 165
- total: 6763138