Havana, May 17 (RHC), -- Cuban Health minister, Roberto Morales, is in Geneva to preside over the 67th World Health Assembly to take place May 19-24 at the Palace of Nations.
This is the first time that Cuba will chair the meeting, which will be attended by health ministers and representatives of all 194 member nations of the World Health Organization (WHO).
The appointment of Cuba as chair of the assembly is considered an important acknowledgment to the achievements of the Cuban Revolution in the health sector and its collaboration with other countries of the world.
The World Health Assembly is the top decision-making body of the WHO and it convenes once a year in order to draw up the policies of that entity and approve its budget.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 4423
- online: 170
- total: 3861284