Geneva, May 19 (RHC) Cuban Health minister Roberto Morales warned in Geneva that in order to meet the UN Millennium Development Goals it is crucial to address the problems that stem from world crises and huge inequalities in today’s world.
Doctor Morales is chairing the 67th World Health Assembly, underway in Geneva. He denounced the use of countless resources to launch wars that killed thousands of people, while tens of millions die from extreme poverty and preventable diseases.
“Just to put an example, a fighter plane costs as much as the implementation of 40 medical offices,” said the minister.
Morales recalled that Cuba has contributed to improve health indicators in over 120 countries of the world with some 135 thousand workers since the Revolution triumphed in 1959.
Cuba will continue to defend at the World Health Organization all cooperation and regional political coordination actions to keep contributing to the improvement of medical attention in our countries, said the Cuban minister.
The World Health Assembly runs till Saturday.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 2591
- online: 114
- total: 6036662