Havana, October 17 (RHC) -- Over one hundred Cubans living overseas will attend the I Meeting of Cuban Residents in Latin America and the Caribbean, which will hold sessions this weekend in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The delegates, meeting at the Rio Engineering Club, will pay homage to National Hero Jose Martí on the 160 th anniversary of his birth in Havana and will discuss ideas to strengthen the defense of the sovereignty and national identity of the Cuban nation.
Participants at the forum will also discuss new ideas to boost the struggle against the US blockade of Cuba and to achieve the return home of four Cuban antiterrorist fighters imprisoned in US jails.
The meeting will observe Cuban National Culture Day, on October 20th, and will be briefed on the ongoing transformations in Cuba aimed at updating the country's economic model and strengthening socialism.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 521
- online: 108
- total: 4370846