Varadero, Oct 17 (RHC).—Over four hundred experts from Cuba and many other countries are addressing at the Cuban resort of Varadero, in western Matanzas province, aspects related to the integral health requirements for children, adolescents and families.
Many factors affecting normal health requirements are being focused by experts, including deficient nutrition, drug abuse and poverty, which can severely alter the normal development of children and adolescents and threaten the unity of their families.
Fortunately, said Maria Fontemachi, Chairman of Latin American Association of Families, Children and Adolescents, Cuba is free of the drug scourge, which is undermining Latin American societies.
Poverty and social degradation are also very serious problems retarding the normal development of children and adolescents in several countries of this hemisphere, the expert said.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 2969
- online: 134
- total: 4833703