Varadero, Oct 17 (RHC).—Over four hundred experts from Cuba and many other countries are addressing at the Cuban resort of Varadero, in western Matanzas province, aspects related to the integral health requirements for children, adolescents and families.
Many factors affecting normal health requirements are being focused by experts, including deficient nutrition, drug abuse and poverty, which can severely alter the normal development of children and adolescents and threaten the unity of their families.
Fortunately, said Maria Fontemachi, Chairman of Latin American Association of Families, Children and Adolescents, Cuba is free of the drug scourge, which is undermining Latin American societies.
Poverty and social degradation are also very serious problems retarding the normal development of children and adolescents in several countries of this hemisphere, the expert said.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 1552
- online: 81
- total: 4379538