Havana, June 6 (RHC) –- Chinese Vice President Li Yuanchao expressed his country’s willingness to further strengthen political relations with Cuba and he recalled that the island was the first Latin American nation to establish diplomatic links with China.
Li Yuanchao made his statement during a meeting in Beijing with the first secretary of Cuba’s Young Communist League, Yuniasky Crespo, who is paying an official visit to that Asian country.
The Chinese leader called on young people from China and Cuba to enhance their knowledge of the two cultures in order to boost the traditional relations uniting the two nations.
The Cuban youth leader expressed her wish that the Young Communist League and its Chinese counterpart foster bilateral exchange, collaboration and relations in general.
The delegation from the island winds up its official visit to China on Friday.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 771
- online: 99
- total: 4925074