The doctors will study areas such as Intensive Medicine, Pediatrics, Pathologic Anatomy, Anesthesiology, Hematology and Oncology.
In a meeting with the doctors, the national coordinator of the community doctors program in Venezuela, Oscar Feo, stressed the recent setting of the Medical University on the initiative of President Nicolas Maduro. The official said that the new school will offer integral medicine as a regular course with other postgraduate courses.
The scholarships for the Venezuelan doctors are part of the Cuba-Venezuela Accord, signed in 2000 by Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 467
- online: 133
- total: 4370792