Matanzas, June 13 (RHC)-- The Cuban beach resort of Varadero is among the top ten Caribbean destinations, says Ivis Fernandez, a Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) representative for the western province of Matanzas.
Fernandez, cited by the local Giron weekly, said that at the end of 2014 winter season, the main sun and beach destination in Cuba had a client satisfaction level of between 90 and 92 percent, an increase over the previous year.
"The refurbishing of Varadero hotels by the Gran Caribe, Cubanacan, Gaviota and Islazul chains, and expansion of entertainment activities were influential in that result, and we are working to improve the diversity of culinary offers," she said.
The MINTUR executive stated that the diversification of the tourist market was a challenge, in terms of being able to serve visitors from many nationalities while taking into account their distinct cultures and diverse needs.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 557
- online: 183
- total: 3853381