Matanzas, June 13 (RHC)-- The Cuban beach resort of Varadero is among the top ten Caribbean destinations, says Ivis Fernandez, a Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) representative for the western province of Matanzas.
Fernandez, cited by the local Giron weekly, said that at the end of 2014 winter season, the main sun and beach destination in Cuba had a client satisfaction level of between 90 and 92 percent, an increase over the previous year.
"The refurbishing of Varadero hotels by the Gran Caribe, Cubanacan, Gaviota and Islazul chains, and expansion of entertainment activities were influential in that result, and we are working to improve the diversity of culinary offers," she said.
The MINTUR executive stated that the diversification of the tourist market was a challenge, in terms of being able to serve visitors from many nationalities while taking into account their distinct cultures and diverse needs.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 1861
- online: 130
- total: 4367874