Havana, October 18 (RHC) Cuba has denounced the cancellation of contracts and credit letters opened this year with Bayer Health Care Pharmaceuticals as a result of the US blockade of the island, which bans the supply of medicines and medical products and services to the Island.
Cuba had a contract with that German pharmaceutical giant for the supply of radiology equipment and drugs for patients suffering from multiple sclerosis, as well as interferon, which are no longer supplied by the company to Cuba because after it moved its headquarters to New Jersey, in the United States.
According to Prensa Latina news agency, the move to US territory turned Bayer into the scope of the US blockade and is thus now prohibited to do business with Cuba, even if it causes further hardship and suffering to sick persons on the Island.
Cuban officials have denounced that the United States Government put muscles and chases companies from other countries that do business with Cuba and threatens to close their businesses in the US if they continue their relationship with the Island.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 2553
- online: 197
- total: 3836523