Havana, 19 October (RHC).-Cuban President Raúl Castro attended on Friday celebrations for the 27th Anniversary of the Hermanos Saíz Artists' Association, which gathers over 2000 young artists and writers in the country.
The Cuban President was accompanied by First Vice-president Miguel Díaz Canel and the president of Cuban Parliament Esteban Lazo.
The Hermanos Saiz Association was named after two artists and brothes who were murdered by Dictator Fulgencio Batista's Secret Police in western Pinar del Rio province after being tortured during the national uprising against the US backed brutal regime overthrown in 1959 by the Cuban Revolution.
The occasion served to hand the award "Teacher of Youths" to relevant personalities of the world of culture for their outstanding work in the training and education of young Cuban writers and artists.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 2997
- online: 115
- total: 6037068