Tehran, Oct 20, (RHC), – Iranian President Hassan Rouhani praised the relations between the Islamic Republic and Cuba, highlighting the two countries' high level of understanding and common viewpoints in major international issues.
During a meeting with new Cuban Ambassador to Tehran Vladimir Andres Gonzalez Quesada on Saturday, Rohani said Tehran and Havana share common viewpoints in major international issues and Iran enjoys good relations with Latin American countries, particularly Cuba.
“The Islamic Republic of Iran and Cuba can play a significant role in international organizations, including the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) through cooperation,” Rouhani said.
The ties between the two countries are high at the political level and we should try to develop bilateral cooperation in cultural, economic and technological sectors as well, the Iranian president said.
During the meeting, the Cuban envoy also submitted his credentials to the Iranian president and underlined the significance of relations with the Islamic Republic.
He expressed his country’s readiness to further expand relations with Iran in different sectors.
He also that Iran and Cuba enjoyed numerous commonalities in different issues and voiced his country’s support of Iran’s nuclear energy program.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2318
- today: 2281
- online: 117
- total: 5869002