Havana, July 16 (RHC) –- The opening of an air route between Lisbon and Jardines del Rey confirms the sustained growth of that destination located north of Ciego de Avila and its consolidation as one of Cuba’s main tourist enclaves.
The first flight of Aeroatlantic Airlines arrived at the Cayo Coco airport with 276 passengers on board, mainly Portuguese, Italians and Swiss.
With a weekly frequency, operations will continue until September 15 to encourage the enjoyment of the natural attractions offered in this area, described as a sun and beach destination par excellence.
Jose Manuel Antunez, general director of the agency in charge of the project, stressed that all capacities for the next flights are already sold out, which indicates the knowledge Europeans are increasingly having about Coco and Guillermo cays.
Antunez said that they have signed an exclusivity contract with Gaviota hotels and more than 2,000 tourists are planning to visit Jardines del Rey during the current summer season.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3709
- today: 526
- online: 117
- total: 4490087