Havana, July 16 (RHC) –- The opening of an air route between Lisbon and Jardines del Rey confirms the sustained growth of that destination located north of Ciego de Avila and its consolidation as one of Cuba’s main tourist enclaves.
The first flight of Aeroatlantic Airlines arrived at the Cayo Coco airport with 276 passengers on board, mainly Portuguese, Italians and Swiss.
With a weekly frequency, operations will continue until September 15 to encourage the enjoyment of the natural attractions offered in this area, described as a sun and beach destination par excellence.
Jose Manuel Antunez, general director of the agency in charge of the project, stressed that all capacities for the next flights are already sold out, which indicates the knowledge Europeans are increasingly having about Coco and Guillermo cays.
Antunez said that they have signed an exclusivity contract with Gaviota hotels and more than 2,000 tourists are planning to visit Jardines del Rey during the current summer season.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2820
- today: 1877
- online: 127
- total: 5438599