United Nations, October 21 (RHC)--- The use by the United States of radio and tv frequencies to promote its Policy of blockade and Subversion against Cuba was denounced Cuban delegate Lisandra Astiasarán at the 68th United Nations General Assembly.
The US blockade, the delegate said, makes it difficult or impossible to acquire equipment and medicines for the treatment of sick children. Hospitals for infants and children are lack certain medicines either developed in the United States or controlled by US Pharma groups which refuse to sell them to Cuba.
Astiasarán told the Third Commission of the UN General Assembly, dealing with social and humanitarian Affairs, that the US blockade has already caused losses assessed at 39 million dollars this year .
She pointed to a world-renowned Cuban medical institution that performs heart surgery and transplants to children that said it has been incapable to purchase nitrous oxide from the US. This gas used to treat children with pulmonary embolism and those who undergo heart transplants.The gas had to be imported at higher prices from other suppliers, and the increased costs amount to millions of dollars.
All in all, innocent children wind up being the victims of a brutal US policy.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 2428
- online: 141
- total: 5032699