Athens, October 21 (RHC)-- Eighty delegates from Cubans living in fifteen European nations have met for two days in Athens. There was a hearty round of applause for a special guest: Ailí Labañino, the daughter of one of the Cuban Five antiterrorists imprisoned in the United States.
Ailí thanked them for their unswerving demands for their liberation. In her emotion-filled words, the young daughter of Ramon Labañino called for the intensification of the international campaign.
The Cubans who live in Europe will from now on have access to a website where they can exchange information and coordinate activities in support of their mother country.
Osvaldo Cobacho, Cuban Ambassador to Greece, said the new migration Policy installed by the Government of Cuba has been received favorably by Cuban emigrees and is a decisive step towards full normalization of relations between the Cuban nation and its emigrees.
The meeting enjoyed a preview of a documentary by Cuban filmmaker Juan Carlos Travieso. It depicts daily life in Cuba and chronicles the material difficulties that the Cubans face every day as a result of the US blockade of their country.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2763
- today: 1000
- online: 120
- total: 5857110