Athens, October 21 (RHC)-- Eighty delegates from Cubans living in fifteen European nations have met for two days in Athens. There was a hearty round of applause for a special guest: Ailí Labañino, the daughter of one of the Cuban Five antiterrorists imprisoned in the United States.
Ailí thanked them for their unswerving demands for their liberation. In her emotion-filled words, the young daughter of Ramon Labañino called for the intensification of the international campaign.
The Cubans who live in Europe will from now on have access to a website where they can exchange information and coordinate activities in support of their mother country.
Osvaldo Cobacho, Cuban Ambassador to Greece, said the new migration Policy installed by the Government of Cuba has been received favorably by Cuban emigrees and is a decisive step towards full normalization of relations between the Cuban nation and its emigrees.
The meeting enjoyed a preview of a documentary by Cuban filmmaker Juan Carlos Travieso. It depicts daily life in Cuba and chronicles the material difficulties that the Cubans face every day as a result of the US blockade of their country.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2955
- today: 1750
- online: 131
- total: 4828536