Havana, Sept 28, (RHC), -- Cuban President, Raul Castro Ruz, met Friday afternoon with Nangolo Mbumba, General Secretary of the Organization of he South-West Africa People’s Organization (SWAPO), who heads a visiting delegation from that organization.
Both leaders hihglighted during the meeting the historical relations between the parties and peoples of Cuba and Namibia, cemented in the common struggle against colonialism and apartheid, a report in Granma newspaper said.
The two leaders also spoke about topics of bilateral and international interest, it added.
Participating in the meeting were Helmut Angula, Secretary in charge of Mobilization and Promotion of the SWAPO, as well as the other members of the Namibian delegation. Cuba was also represented by Jose Ramon Machado Ventura, Second Secretary of the Central Committee of the PCC, and Jose Ramon Balaguer, member of the Secretariat of the Central Committee and head of its Department of International Relations./ACN
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 1178
- online: 184
- total: 4101374