Havana, October 22 (RHC) -- Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces MInister, Army Corps General Leopoldo Cintra Frías, welcomed a military delegation, headed by Vietnam’s Communist Party Central Committee Secretariat member and head of the People’s General Military Political Division, Coronel General Ngo Xuan Lich.
The Cuban Armed Forces Minister highlighted the feelings of friendship between the two peoples and thanked the high-ranking military officers for visiting the island, whom he called children of Vietnamese leader Ho Chi Minh.
In the morning, the visitors laid a wreath at the Monument of Major General Antonio Maceo and his squire, Panchito Gómez Toro, at the Cacahual Mausoleum and toured the Rescate de Sanguily Tank Unit on the outskirts of Havana.
Coronel General Ngo Xuan Lich expressed satisfaction at visiting Cuba and his confidence that, under the rightful leadership of Fidel and Raúl Castro, the island will overcome its difficulties and the challenges of building a prosperous and strong Revolution.
At the same time, he expressed his admiration for the ways Cubans have preserved the history of their people, stressing the importance of bilateral cooperation in the military sphere to defend and preserve a sovereign nation.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 354
- online: 185
- total: 4087554