Santo Domingo, August 12 (RHC) -— The rector of the Santo Domingo Autonomous University (UASD) in the Dominican Republic, Ivan Grullon, welcomed a Cuban delegation to attend the presentation of the book entitled “Fidel Castro, Trujillo, USA” by writer Hamlet Hermann.
The Cuban delegation is made up of the director of the Cuban Council of State’s Historic Affairs Office, Eugenio Suarez, and by photographer Alex Castro Soto del Valle, son of Fidel Castro, who presented a photo exhibit about his father.
Both the book launch and the photo exhibit are part of the tribute paid in Santo Domingo to Fidel on his 88th birthday, which will be commemorated tomorrow, August 13th.
Alex Castro was invited to sign the book of illustrious visitors as did his father on August 24, 1998, when he visited the university during a tour of the Dominican Republic.
Cuban ambassador to Santo Domingo, Alexis Bandrich, said that the Dominican university is an example of solidarity with Cuba and recalled how its rector has reiterated his support of the Cuban and the Venezuelan revolutions.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 437
- online: 106
- total: 5954043