Havana, August 13 (RHC)-- Cuba shows improvement in birth rate increase, Cuban Health Ministry officials stated in Havana.
In a statement to the press, Doctor Roberto Álvarez Fumero, chief of the Maternal and Child Program Department, said that some 900 more children were born up to June 2014 compared to the same period in 2013.
The specialist also pointed out the decrease of menstrual regulations and the number of induced abortions due to actions carried out by the Cuban Health Ministry to achieve an increase in the use of oral and injectable contraceptives and the availability of emergency contraceptives.
Alvarez highlighted the advantages in maternal death rate indicators which are significantly decreasing. The official also stated the impact of cutting-edge local centers of aided reproduction in Holguín, Cienfuegos and Havana to assist infertile couples.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 4124
- online: 167
- total: 3852737