Havana, August 16 (RHC)-- About 50,000 women have joined the ranks of the Federation of Cuban Women (FMC) so far this year. The FMC is the largest mass organization that brings together women from across the island.
According to Surina Acosta, member of the national secretariat of the organization, more than 70,000 members will have joined the organization by the end of this year.
Surina Acosta explained that during the process to become a member of the Federation, each woman will explain the historical background of the group, and their important role in the revolutionary process.
She also noted that on August 23rd -- the 54th anniversary of the organization -- more than 300 women will be honored for their outstanding work in various sectors of society. Acosta said that the main event for the anniversary will be held in the eastern province of Guantanamo.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 2941
- online: 129
- total: 4927244