Havana, August 23 (RHC) -- The Federation of Cuban Women is marking its 54th anniversary on August 23rd. The main ceremony was held in the eastern province of Guantanamo, a territory where women have made important achievements.
In Guantanamo, 191,936 women are members of the organization, representing 90.9 percent of total integration over the national average.
A total of 300 Guantanamo young women joined community work after turning 14 years old, the age stipulated to become an organization member. Another 3,600 future members will join this year.
Women in Guantanamo lead the economic, political and social development in the eastern territory, where they stand for 67 percent of technical and professional labor, particularly in education, healthcare and culture.
The Cuban Women’s Federation was created August 23, 1960 to implement policies and programs to the benefit of the Cuban women’s integral social, economic and political development.
At present, the organization has more than three million members.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 3050
- online: 118
- total: 6144201