Havana, Oct 24 (RHC)The UN Resident Coordinator in Cuba Barbara Pesce announced in Havana the willingness of all 19 UN agencies represented on the island to keep strengthening bilateral cooperation in different joint projects.
The projects back human, sustainable development currently promoted by Cuba and they also support national and local development priorities, as part of a close relationship with the island 68 years after the United Nations was founded, said UN official.
At present bilateral projects are focusing the areas of food, agriculture, health, education, culture, the environment, science and other sectors that generate jobs and income and contribute to the development of human settlements and rural communities.
The UN official highlighted the international community's relief efforts for the Cuban areas hard hit by hurricane Sandy.
Meanwhile, the director of the Cuban UN Association Soraya Alvarez stressed actions promoting values such solidarity and cooperation in society.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 3054
- online: 137
- total: 4480643