Havana, Oct 24 (RHC) The application of natural products to patients in Cuba was among topics debated on Wednesday at the 20th Latin American Congress on Pharmacology and Therapeutics (Latinfarma 2013), under way in Havana with the participation of 800 delegates from about 40 nations.
The results of peptide RJLB-14 in the treatment of patients with epithelial tumors were presented at the meeting in the capital's Convention Center.
Dr. Alexis Díaz-García and other scientists from the business group of biopharmaceutical labs (LABIOFAM) illustrated the potential of this
compound to treat metastatic breast cancer. Preclinical assessment has determined its high level of effectiveness, the dose-response relationship, and its influence in the reduction of tumors.
Representatives of the State Center for Controlling Drugs and Medical Equipment focused on the economic implications of the consumption and safety of drugs.Foreign experts are yet to debate cancer vaccines and natural products for the treatment of anti-inflammatory ailments.
Cuba is the venue of the Latin American Congress on Pharmacology and Therapeutics for the fist time.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4001
- today: 3187
- online: 183
- total: 4077977