Havana, September 18 (RHC) -- Cuba's National Museum of Fine Arts ranks among the world's top museums on the travel website TripAdvisor's annual Travelers' Choice awards for top museums in the world.
"The award is a recognition of the service provided by the museum," which is rated as No.1 in the Caribbean, a museum source said.
"Fabulous collection, beautifully presented. I didn't know there were so many great 20th-century painters in Cuba," a visitor wrote on the TripAdvisor's website.
Opened in 1913, Cuba's National Museum of Fine Arts showcases more than 45,000 pieces of art collection, one of the largest in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Other Cuban tourist sites that have received TripAdvisor awards this year include four of the country's leading hotels -- Terral Habaguanex, Paradisus Rio de Oro, Royalton Cayo Santa Maria and Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad.
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel receives WHO and PAHO directors
- U.S. activist: Unity, the most important five-letter word in the Cuban Revolution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4121
- today: 1123
- online: 86
- total: 4610049