Havana, September 18 (RHC) -- Cuba's National Museum of Fine Arts ranks among the world's top museums on the travel website TripAdvisor's annual Travelers' Choice awards for top museums in the world.
"The award is a recognition of the service provided by the museum," which is rated as No.1 in the Caribbean, a museum source said.
"Fabulous collection, beautifully presented. I didn't know there were so many great 20th-century painters in Cuba," a visitor wrote on the TripAdvisor's website.
Opened in 1913, Cuba's National Museum of Fine Arts showcases more than 45,000 pieces of art collection, one of the largest in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Other Cuban tourist sites that have received TripAdvisor awards this year include four of the country's leading hotels -- Terral Habaguanex, Paradisus Rio de Oro, Royalton Cayo Santa Maria and Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4940
- today: 4148
- online: 251
- total: 6738381