Havana, September 18 (RHC) -- Cuba's National Museum of Fine Arts ranks among the world's top museums on the travel website TripAdvisor's annual Travelers' Choice awards for top museums in the world.
"The award is a recognition of the service provided by the museum," which is rated as No.1 in the Caribbean, a museum source said.
"Fabulous collection, beautifully presented. I didn't know there were so many great 20th-century painters in Cuba," a visitor wrote on the TripAdvisor's website.
Opened in 1913, Cuba's National Museum of Fine Arts showcases more than 45,000 pieces of art collection, one of the largest in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Other Cuban tourist sites that have received TripAdvisor awards this year include four of the country's leading hotels -- Terral Habaguanex, Paradisus Rio de Oro, Royalton Cayo Santa Maria and Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11638
- today: 11851
- online: 192
- total: 7116202