Hanoi, September 22 (RHC)-- The First Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party in Havana and Vice President Mercedes Lopez Acea wound up a working visit to Vietnam, where she met with the general secretary of the Vietnamese Communist Party, Nguyen Phu Trong.
Lopez Acea met on Sunday with Communist Party secretary in Ho Chi Minh City, Le Than Haig and with the president of the government executive Committee Le Hong Quan, according to PL news agency.
The top Cuban government official also toured historic tunnels in Cu Chi, used by the patriotic Vietnamese resistance during the US occupation in the South of the country, as well as the renowned High-Tech Agricultural Center.
During the meeting with the Cuban official, Communist leader Phu Trong expressed his confidence in the success of the ongoing update of the Cuban economic model and reiterated Vietnam’s support of the island along with his interest in further deepening bilateral relations in all possible areas.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 3356
- online: 101
- total: 4949653