Cienfuegos, September 23 (PL-RHC) –- In keeping with the current updating of the Cuban economic model, state-owned tourism agencies in the province of Cienfuegos Monday acknowledged the benefits of hiring private food producers. Manuel Carcasés, an expert on territorial development at the Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) mentioned the advantages of purchasing food from non-state producers such as agricultural cooperatives and credit and services cooperatives (which bring together individual farmers).
He explained that this is a developing formula which respects the principle of supply and demand, without centralized prices and based on a quality standard agreed between the parties which also includes packaging and compliance of health indicators.
Carcases said that so far, this agreement involves mainly pineapple, tomato, banana, taro and papaya, but also costumers order avocado, mamey, mango, beans, cucumber, pumpkin, sweet potato and cassava.
He added that this new type of business relationship is not affected by payment defaults, a fact that has had a negative impact on inter-corporate relationships in Cuba.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 812
- online: 181
- total: 4088012