Havana, September 26 (ACN-RHC) -- Cuba expects visits from 200 cruise ships in the upcoming winter season, the largest number of calls ever by those ships, according to a Tourism official.
The visits by tourist and academic ships are expected to surpass their 2013 record, when the island received nearly 200 boats, said the president of the International Tour Operators and Travel Agents Group Havanatur, Jose Manuel Bisbe.
According to specialized media online, the directive announced that during the winter season, beginning October 29th, the island expects to receive the British Cruise Ship Thomson Dreams with capacity for 2,000 passengers.
Also scheduled to arrive is the Canadian Cuba Cruise, which will take a seven-day tour around the island, while others like the Panorama and the Star Clippers are also on the winter agenda.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 1250
- online: 182
- total: 4108978