Havana, October 24 (RHC) -– Cuba as a sun and beach tourist destination was promoted in the northern Spanish cities of Vigo, Oviedo and San Sebastián.
At a series of presentation held in those Spanish communities, spokespeople with the Cuban Ministry of Tourism provided details of the development of tourist infrastructure in sites such as the Jardines del Rey Keys, a place worthy to earn a name as a postcard-sized tropical paradise.
Other attractions and added values of the Caribbean island were also presented, particularly its safety and opportunities for eco-tourism and cultural tourism.
Each session was attended by some seventy local tourist agents and representatives of hotel chains like Iberostar, Gran Caribe, Meliá, Blue Diamond, Blau Hotels, Barceló, Be Live and Pestana Hotels & Resorts Group.
So far this year, Spain ranks ninth among countries sending tourists to Cuba, with a growth of 5.8% in arrivals, compared with the same period in 2013.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 2288
- online: 127
- total: 4368301