Sancti Spiritus, October 24 (RHC) -- The 50-member strong 23rd Juan Rius Rivera Solidarity with Cuba Brigade from Puerto Rico was welcomed Thursday afternoon in the central Cuban city of Sancti Spiritus, local media reports.
Raul Cardoso Cabrera, an official with the Cuban Friendship Institute, ICAP, in the province of Sancti Spiritus, told reporters that the brigadistas were very active in their solidarity work towards the Cuban people, especially in the campaign for the release of the Cuban Five from U.S. prisons.
It is a brigade that defies the blockade imposed by the United States against our country for over 50 years, given that all of its members are U.S. citizens, said Cardoso, adding that such an attitude and commitment to help deserved our utmost respect and admiration.
According to the program, the group that arrived in Cuba on October 18th will remain in Sancti Spiritus until Saturday and will hold exchanges with local residents as well as veterans from Cuba's revolutionary struggle in the 1950's.
The visitors are touring places of historical, economic and cultural interest, including industry and services facilities, to get a first-hand look at Cuban reality.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 1690
- online: 139
- total: 4483443